- Keep it light and delicate, try mint or pastel pinkDeeps
- Balance your look with stronger shades, try teal or pineWarms
- Look for colours with warmth, coral and moss are perfect on youCools
- Choose cool shades to balance such as cornflower and hot pink Clears
- Complement your striking eyes with vibrant scarlet or emerald greenSofts
- Opt for muted shades such as light periwinkle or jade
Wearing the right colours on your face and body can make you look healthy, vibrant and younger. It can also have a psychological effect on how others perceive you. If you would like to find out more about your most flattering shades of colour and how to wear them, take a look at the details of my online colour anlysis
How to Choose a Face Mask to wear with Glasses
Specs and masks are not a match made in heaven are they? But there are a few tips that I can give you, to help with the fogging of your spectacles and sunglasses.
- Wear your glasses over the mask rather than underneath. It won't stop the fogging entirely but it will help.
- Place a tissue on the inside of the mask to absorb excess moisture. This will also help to minimise make-up transfer!
- Wash your glasses in soap and water (baby shampoo is ideal). Wipe lightly or allow to air dry. The soap leaves a film that prevents glasses from fogging over.
- Try to achieve a tighter seal at the bridge of the nose. If you can, twist the ear loop so that you create an X shape and the top of the tie becomes the bottom and vice versa. Fastening the mask lower down the face, achieves a better seal.
- Spray your specs with an anti-fogging spray.
How to Apply Make-up to Wear with a Face Mask
Eyeshadow is certainly the new lipstick. So, I suggest that minimal make-up is applied to the lower portion of the face, because let's face it, it isn't going to stay there when wearing a mask. Concealer applied to blemishes or areas of discolouration may suffice. Use concealer and eye base for a long lasting effect.
Choose your most flattering eye shadow shades; now is not the time for experimenting, and complement with an eye pencil. For non-spectacle wearers, add an extra coat of mascara to really open up your eyes.
If you will be removing your mask and feel the need to wear lipstick, use a lip pencil to fill in the entire lip area or a matt lipstick (which is less sticky than gloss) mixed with a tiny amount of translucent powder for staying power.
Click here to visit my online make-up store at Colour Me Beautiful to find your best colours or find out about my very popular online make-up lessons here.
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours!!
Here is my favourite mask. Why do I love it? It is a great colour for me without too much detail. It is from my favourite dress company called Bombshell HQ
. They make the most beautiful dresses in London in a very sustainable way but have also produced these stunning face masks. It is a Liberty London print material which they also make some of their beautiful dresses from. It has a pouch to put in a filter so it also does the job it's supposed to do.
Face Masks are here to stay for a while yet so why not get one that you look forward to wearing. Think about your style personality, the best colour for you, how to apply your make-up to it's best effect and you will find one that makes you feel fabulous. Let me know if I can help you to find out which one is going to be best for you.